Back to the Bronze Age
On the 19th and 20th September 2009 from 10.00am to 4.00pm at Maiden Castle, near Dorchester - Come along and find out what life was like in Bronze Age Dorset 4000 years ago Meet archaeologists and experts Make a pot, join a dig and see arts and crafts inspired by the Bronze Age landscape around us Outdoor event under cover Bring a picnic!
Demonstrations of Bronze Age Life - Saturday & Sunday
Beaker Making Workshop with Bill Crumbleholme – the Beaker Folk Potter Saturday & Sunday On the hour 11.00am to 3.00pm - 45 minute pottery workshops
Suitable for all ages Please book in advance
to ensure your place
- Bill will demonstrate how to make and decorate a Bronze Age beaker by hand.
- Make your own beaker under Bill’s guidance.
- Beakers can either be taken home or left for Bill to fire at a later date.
More information about Bill’s Bronze Age pottery canbe found at www.beakerfolk.co.uk
XCAVATE! with archaeologist Chris Tripp Saturday & Sunday 10.30/12.30/2.30 Please book in advance to ensure your place
- Archaeological excavation for children aged 6-11.
- Work with an experienced archaeologist & real artefacts.
- Find out how sites are dug
Join the archaeologists from the DCC Historic Environment Team for lots of fun craft activities including making your own Bronze Age badge Sunday only Booking not required
Bring an artefact Have you found something interesting in your garden - a field or just out & about. Bring it along on Sunday and meet the Portable Antiquities Scheme Finds Liaison Officer 11am to 3.30pm
- Graham Rogers Saturday & Sunday Booking not required
Arts & Crafts
- Arts & Craft Exhibition Saturday & Sunday
- Soap carving workshop with woodcarver Mark Vyvyan Saturday only Drop in sessions - booking not required.
- Get crafty Join in other activities as and when they happen
For more information
- For workshop bookings call 07500 078351